[OM] Re: [OT] The pale general

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The pale general
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:21:00 +1000 (EST)
Hi Chuck

> Anyhow, he looks just fine in PhotoShop but he
> looks a mite pekid in my browsers... both Firefox and IE.  He's lacking
> some red in his skin and looking a bit too much the color of his
> uniform.  You can see him here.
> <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/general_lee/img_4401er.htm>

Looks good here under Seamonkey/Firefox but I'm also using the
new Mozilla rendering engine thats not in general usage yet unless
your using the latest nightly code builds.

> My question is:  What's going on here?  Are the browsers not using my
> custom, colorimeter built ICC profile?  If so, how do I fix it.  Come to
> think of it maybe he looks healthy pink on your browsers... or maybe not.

Could simply be the rendering engine in your browser. All software will
tend to render a bit differently with trade off's on one thing or another
though with the speed of modern hardware, the tradeoff's are slowly
vanishing at the expense of being very slow on older hardware.

Having just fired up XP in a Virtual box, he does look a bit on the
lightside in relation to the red in his face.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian!