[OM] Re: Question about FS postings

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about FS postings
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:58:12 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Only after a boozy Friday lunch.
>
> Leica news (stick your finger in your ears and go 'la la la...')
> Did a Michael Reichman - when the time came to return the M8 I went
> into shock and bought one.

OY!
> Askey at DPReview marked it down but a careful read of his pros and
> cons showed the cons were all related to a dislike of and
> unfamiliarity with rangefinders.

I came to the same conclusion - but I have the same dislike. Just as
well for the bank balance. But then, you have both a pension and a full
time job, no?

I always read through the pros and cons carefully in their reviews of
anything I'm interested in even a bit. I often come to a different
personal rating as a result.
> Why? <snip lots of reasons that don't apply to everybody>
> And you have to think about what you are doing.

I prefer the option. ;-)
> Damn. Anyone want to buy a kidney?

I'm betting mine are in better shape than yours. :-)

Moose