[OM] Re: Maine Clouds - 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Maine Clouds - 2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:54:59 -0400
The situation that brought this up was processing a lot of images in
camera raw and adjusting shadows and highlights to avoid clipping.  But
my corrections were apparently too tight to the limits since, after
further adjustments in PhotoShop (mostly LCE and further sharpening for
printing) I discovered too late that I had introduced a modest amount of
highlight clipping by accident.  To avoid falling off the cliff I
suppose I should simply not run too close to the edge.  I guess I'll
have to pay more attention to the histogram in the future but it would
have been nice to have a live preview of clipping in all brightness
altering functions ala ACR.

Chuck Norcutt