[OM] Re: Any experience or comment for Vivitar 2X Marco MC?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any experience or comment for Vivitar 2X Marco MC?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:09:35 -0300

 > Dear list members,
 > Is there any experience or comment for Vivitar 2X Marco MC? Thanks.

I've had one since the late 80's, and used it quite a bit until I got some
macro lenses. I think it was made by Kiron for Vivitar. Most of what Kiron
made was toward the top quality optically. It focuses to 1:1 when used with
a standard 50mm, and does an excellent job in my opinion. It's probably a
little weak physically for longer/heavier lenses, and I think the
instructions say to support it when focusing the helicoid if a heavy lens is
attached. It really is at it's best with the 50mm lenses and used for macro
purposes.
Now that I have a 50/2.8 macro, and 90/2.5 macro, I don't use it as much.

Wayne