[OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:33:24 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Checking with some reviews, it looks like the 226bw is better in image
> quality although the reviews do not specially check about contrast change.
>
> http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2007/03/09/Samsung-SyncMaster-226BW/p1
>
> http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2006/08/03/Samsung-SyncMaster-205BW-Widescreen-Monitor/p1

But which version did they test? On some forums and user review sites,
they have gone off into never land over versions with different letters
after the model number under the panel on the back, designating country
of origin or some such. And they talk about all kinds of huge
differences. Some even returned theirs for new ones to try to get the
"good" models. I haven't looked at mine.
> A slightly more scientific method is to measure the LCD brightness, I don't
> have a spot meter so I can only use my OM4. I set a grey screen (just use PS
> background color), measure the light intensity on top of the screen and tile
> down the camera to measure the bottom brightness, the different is around
> 1/2 stops. A good spot meter will give a more accurate result.

I don't think I'll try measuring mine either. I'd rather be happy with
it, as I am now, than find out there is something wrong, about which I
can do nothing.

Moose say "Out of sight, out of my mind."