[OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Pantone huey + First Monitor Impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 21:09:00 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Change of contrast due to viewing angle happen to all LCDs I have used.
>
> - Samsung SyncMaster 205bw, I clearly see contrast different by up/down the
> eyes around 1.5 inches but much less problem on left/right side.

All I can report is my own experience. Looking at a subtle, complex
image, I see no change moving my head up and down maybe 2 ". It's easier
to move it further down, and there is a subtle change if I go more like
4" down. Side to side, I don't see a change up until about 8-10". It is,
in any case without fault in that regard in my use.

But we already know your vision more subtle than mine.
> The solution may be using a super size LCD and view from a distant then the
> change of contrast due to head movement or image position on the screen
> change will be reduced.

That may be helping me a bit. I have the LCD further away than I did the
CRT, simply because it can go back further without hitting the wall. I
also have it below eye level and tilted up to bring it about square to
my line of vision. I like that a lot, as further away and down means
less tilting my head up to hit the sweet spot of my glasses.

Moose