[OM] Re: Clouds

Subject: [OM] Re: Clouds
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:43:18 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Can't let GeeBee have all the fun with clouds. I know this isn't up
> to Northamptonshire standards, but will suffice to show we do have
> some clouds in other parts of the world.
>
> http://www.bwp33.com/page10/page10.html

Great shot, great clouds! In my limited (compared to yours) experience
of Maine clouds, I've seen some wonderful big skies filled with
wonderful clouds there. Of course, it's usually when I'm on the road and
can't find a place to pull over where I can also see the full sky, at
least not until after they have changed for the worse.

I did get some wonderful virtual pics of Maine clouds. That would be on
the roll that didn't get properly connected to the take-up spool - 36,
37, 38 - oops. Big sky, beautiful tree horizon, off the road, plenty of
time, Zuiko 21mm and Viv 17-35, but the only copies are in my head. :-(

I had an odd cloud experience in Oregon a few weeks ago. Fabulous bands
of clouds across the whole sky, just wonderful. Somehow they reminded me
of something familiar, but I couldn't quite place it for a long time.
Such a sense of **déjà vu**. Where had I been and seen clouds like
these?? DOH! I'd been on the couch, watching the start of The Simpsons. :-)

As usual, I was on the freeway, flying along at over 70 mph, running
late for dinner with Carol Anne and friends in Eugene, in an area with
few off-ramps and lots of ups and downs and turns through mountains, not
a hope of a capture. I waited, I tried, but no dice. :-(

We do get some clouds around here on occasion.
http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=22&pic=26
<http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=22&pic=26>

Moose