[OM] Re: Fl**kr photos and their licences

Subject: [OM] Re: Fl**kr photos and their licences
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:40:18 +1000
Frankly I'm just astonished that you had any ownership/copyright at
all as a contract employee or freelance. Did they print you a
copyright tag at the bottom?
I accept that I've surrendered all right to the text I provide for
the columns  write - never thought about the pix though.
Never actually signed a contract so that might be interesting.
Once I've submitted material and it's been accepted, I rather though
that it was sold as it were although I suspect that images are not
the same.
Magazines tend to behave as if you should be grateful that they've
even bothered to use you and if I relied on their pay, I'd die in the
snow fairly quickly.
Still, it gives me cred. and one of the most useful things I ever
wrote was a freebie, a donation – I got a lot of personal exposure
for a education review of 'Inconvenient Truth'

Nihilist, fine.
Radical, no. That's merely an activist. Lots of us are that.
How about terrorist? :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx