[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:58:39 +0200
Piers Hemy wrote:

-----

>Do you really need articulating LCD screen, bigger VF image,
potentially

>faster AF (with new lenses) and wireless flash control in a splash
proof

>body - which is what the new body seems to offer above the E-510?

-----

I think those things (combined with the look, feel and ergonomics of the
E-1) will do the trick to let me upgrade from my E-1.

I thought of buying the E-510 but asked myself if I would prefer it over
the E-1. And allthough it is a very good camera, I don't think so. I
just love my E-1 and after 2.5 years about blindfoldedly know where to
find each button I need.

I came to the same conclusion when I considered other brands, allthough
there are many DSLR's out there with better specs (what the heck,
probably all that can be found in shops nowadays have better specs), but
would I make better pictues with it of would it feel better in my hands?
Most won't. Come to think of it there will only be a handfull of DSLR's
out there that will give the same quality and "in-control" feel the E-1
does. Those are the very expensive ones BTW.

Just my thoughts, and I know I am the odd ball out, but that has been
the case since I started using my OM's in 1977 (aged 13!)

Wiliam