[OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]

Subject: [OM] Re: Anarchy [was: Re: #232]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:59:56 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I seem to recall that historically there have indeed been quite a
> number
> of bombers who self identified as anarchists.

Perhaps you're confusing "self identified" with "said in the newspaper."

But the same can be said of Christians. Except when Christians bomb,
they claim to have better reasons for doing so than when anarchists
bomb, who themselves may claim their reasons for bombing are better
than the Christians'.

And I'm outa here, because making a point by conflating a group with
which few identify with a group with which many identify rarely gets
through to those who most need to understand it, and generally just
gets everyone upset. (I can hear those anarchists now: "Don't compare
me with no damn Christian!" :-)

Requisite Oly content: took some pix of the 16 baby chicks we just
hatched. They're half Barred Rock, half Dorking -- half are yellow
with dark spots, and half are dark with light spots. I'll bet the
dark ones are the anarchists.

The following came up totally at random. Synchronicity? You decide.

:::: A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on
military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching
spiritual doom. Martin Luther King, Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org>