[OM] Re: Heading north

Subject: [OM] Re: Heading north
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:45:14 +1000
> Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Nah - [Noosa is] yuppie by the sea terrtitory.   :-)

Rubbish! It may be filled with Guppies, Ruppies and Mippies, but
the Yuppies died out years ago in the great purge of '89 (ie. when
we told them how getting dyssentry in Patagonia was the new "In"
thing).

> They're more interested in inventing new versions of pseudo-coffee
> than anything introspective.

Actually, they've moved on from coffee (allowing those of us with
machines to get on selecting and making our own), and gone on to
melding "fusion" ingredients into grandiose towers of Babel on the
plate (appropriate analogy, in light of the nonsense descriptions
on the menus).

I was going to invite you (and wife/family) up, to have a chai soy
latte in the sun and  blister-up your pale, pommy skin, but if
you're going to be a cynical, old bastard about it all, well you
can go and get stuffed!

Cheers,
Marc (Ah, you know I'm jokin'.)
Sydney, Oz