[OM] Re: Heading north

Subject: [OM] Re: Heading north
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:06:21 +0100
On 12/07/07, Marc Lawrence wrote:

> > I'm headed north, about 1000km, into the southern part of one
> > of our northern states, Queensland, to a little seaside shanty
> > town by the name of "Noosa Heads" to be precise:
> > http://tinyurl.com/2dozop
> > 'Tis beachy and warm and swimmable in our mid-winter, and nicely
> > tropical in summer (and autumn and spring).

Noosa Heads,
oh yes! I remember now that have been there..
All Queensland was magic!
memories of small towns, national parks, and people I met are mixed in
my mind.. tropical beaches and the dry outback, unseen before curious
animals and simple life customs..

But some things are quite clear, such as the long and winding road and
the smoke from the burning cane fields that we left behind, my first
Bundy and coke in a car parked near the national road (it was late,
dark, and we couldn't be bothered to set the tent), travelling with
the most beautiful company I had wish for.. oh and that plum jam from
Townsville's street market of course...

Australia was the first place that inspired me to follow photography
One hot afternoon, somewhere in Queensland, lying on the grass under
the shadow of eucalyptus trees I looked up towards the sky and
realised that I would like to take a photograph of those new abstract
angles, what a realisation!

Marc, you lucky guy :)

Christos

--