[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins in jar . . .
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:56:03 +1000
Indeed. I'm about to sell off my R3a now that I've got the R-D1s
(keeping a Bessa T for film) and it is a terrific camera. In fact,
the Cosina built R-D1s has a superior viewfinder to the M8. It was a
development from that same OM 2000, and the cheap bodies they built
for Nikon and Vivitar. It's been interesting to see them constantly
improve from the Bessa L onwards. The 50mm Heliar I just bought is of
the highest quality - though not in the class of the 35mm Summicron
I'm using now (if you want to discuss lens build quality, first go
and take a look at one of those).
The message seems to be that any competent camera company can build
good stuff if it decides to do so - it's a matter of price and will.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx