[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins ...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 12:21:27 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2007 9:37:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I figure  that an early
purchase of the E-1 Replacement would be a good  investment--Olympus
won't be replacing it with a new model for at least  four years. :|

Hmm, I've been know to place a bet now and then . . . I'd take the less  than
half your 4 year time frame and would expect it in 18 months, perhaps  less.
They have cr#pped in their mess kit with taking so long to get the  p-1,e-3
or whatever to market.  They can't afford to not  build momentum with their new
body.  IMHO, this needs to be the spring  board that gets them back in the
race or at least that defines them as a player  in a niche market.  Another
four
years with no new pro bodies and they will  be totally dead in the water and
that lack of performance in the pro/prosumer  market will bleed over to their
consumer market.  We won't be able to give  our e-whatever gear away and they
will just be another company that couldn't  keep up with the times.  Bill
Barber