[OM] Re: New Home Page photo

Subject: [OM] Re: New Home Page photo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:52:51 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> That one is strange - I'm tempted to turn it into a graphic -  18th
> century watercolour, that sort of thing. It has that odd rectangular
> look that they favoured.

Interesting idea, I'll try some of those filters.

I agree it's sort of odd looking, and yet not far off the look/feeling
of the subject. Late afternoon/evening light at a quite low angle in a
highish latitude. The light was part of why I stopped and snapped it.

It was among the first 100 shots I made with my then new first digicam
six years ago, on my first trip with it. I guess I can blame the
slightly blown focus on that. But the shots preceding and following it
are quite normal looking, so I think that 'look' is simply subject and
lighting.

I mean look at the next subject, perfectly normal.
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/Moosehead/FlyingMoose.htm

Moose