[OM] Re: New Home Page photo

Subject: [OM] Re: New Home Page photo
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:50:05 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Put up a new photo on the home page . . .
>
> www.bwp33.com
>
> I think it's kinda cute, and I'm generally wary of cute. Your mileage
> may vary.

Cute, sure, but a nice capture of subject nonetheless.

On the other hand... you say I've been too nice lately. Uh-oh...

I don't like the blown highlights on the cattle. Is this the E-510
that's supposed to avoid blown highlights? (Still using Save for Web,
which strips out EXIF, I suppose.)

And I'd crop a bit more off the bottom, 't'were mine.

And I'm not wild about the bokeh of the background.

And, while we're on Jung and dreams, the content of symbolic layers is
generally more significant than the manifest content. So although I find
it hard to argue with the "Principal Character's" admonition, I am of
the opinion that there is more of potential value in there as yet un-mined.

I am of the opinion from years of doing and teaching dreamwork, that the
inclusion of something really attention catching about my waking life,
while generally useful on its own merits, is also a device on the part
of the dream to make sure it is remembered - precisely because there is
something else in the symbolic content that it particularly wants to
invite me to discover.

Sort of a less disturbing alternative/precursor to the nightmare form.
http://jeremytaylor.com/pages/nightmares.html

dreammoose