[OM] Re: #204

Subject: [OM] Re: #204
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:59:58 +1000
That's my fault. It has a 'Recognise Lens' setting and I had disabled
it to try out some other lenses and forgot to turn it back on. . It
only recognises 6-bit coded lenses I think.
I don't know how much diffrence it makes. The steam engine was shot
at f8.
I did discover that the sensor design works. The pixel lenses at the
edges and corners are progressively shifted (not tilted) to allow for
the non-telecentric design of older lenses. The Voigt. Heliar 15mm
vignettes badly on the Epson, very badly, but not at all on the M8
where it makes a really sharp wide angle (22.5mm).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx