[OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:14:01 -0500
John Hudson wrote:
> The Harry Potter bus looks remarkably like an "Atlantean" double decker
> right hand drive bus. These buses have been in widespread use in the UK as
> far back as the 1960s. The only significant visible physical modification is
> the vent on the second window in the middle row.

Except when you get up close, you see that the sides are smooth
(probably fiberglass) with the windows painted on (or decals).  I'm
pretty sure it's a hollow shell, possibly with a sleeper for the driver.

My wife and I are both fans of the books and the movies (we even order
the books from AmazonUK so we get the original language - yes, the
American releases have been a bit "de-Britted") so it was very surreal
that we came down the on-ramp to the Tollway right behind the big purple
box.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon