[OM] Re: Detailed old and new 357 battery data & related battery impeda

Subject: [OM] Re: Detailed old and new 357 battery data & related battery impedance data.
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 04:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
Moose,
     Renatas are usually easy to find through watch repair places, who also
aften sell Varta's.
The Renatas have some other issues of their own not revealed in the data
sheets. When I was
testing 357's for some work I was doing, I took Renatas off my list because of
some issues that
they confirmed in private correspondence.  Also if you use them, make sure you
refrigerate (not
freeze) them, until you use them, as their longevity is not nearly as good as
Energizer. They
serve the watch market mainly and are available mainly through watch places.

Halted Specialities in sunnyvale had a few GP 357's when I was last there, but
I don't know if
they routinely stock them.  Check their website for contact information if you
want to check.

Despite the difficulty getting Sony AgO cells retail in USA, they claim to be
the largest
manufacturer of AgO cells in the world!

North American Battery Corporation ("Ultralast" brand) is now selling 357's
(~$1.49 US ea) through
Fry's Electronics retailer (designated "UL357"). Cost is a little more than
Energiser 357/303 from
Fry's and I have not seen any data sheets. I bought one cell, so maybe I will
run a quick test, if
I get a chance.

Tim Hughes