[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #49

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #49
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:10:16 -0300

> Michael Wong wrote:
>> First time to try Fuji new slide film, Provia 400X (RXP). The color
>> saturation is not very high. The grain is acceptable. But I found that
>> performance of color green is a bit "blue" ............ except the
>> problem of color green, other colors shown not bad.
>>

>> OM-4T Black, Zuiko 135mm F4.5 Marco, Fuji Provia 400X, Nikon CoolScan
>> IV ED, Vuescan Professional
>> http://palmboy.palmcyber.net/albums/Zuiko_135_45_Marco/IMG2334.jpg

That is a nice flower shot. My observation is that the Provia film renders
greens too much toward "blue" as well. I really prefer the Kodak 100VS, but
admittedly the saturation is probably more than some folks would like. When
I don't want the saturation look, I still shoot a little Kodachrome, but I
suspect it is nearing the end for getting it developed.
wayne