[OM] Saturday Walt update

Subject: [OM] Saturday Walt update
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 08:49:13 EDT
What follows is an update on Walt's progress.  Keep those cards and  prayers
coming. He is not yet out of the woods.  Bill Barber

He was stable today, and they have evidently started the weaning process
from the ventilator, because they have changed from it breathing for him, to it

assisting his breathing by emitting a puff of air with every breath he  takes.
 They have cut back on his morphine to make his own breathing  stronger.  The
downside of that is that he isn't as deeply "out" as he was,  so he appears
to be more aware of the respirator and more agitated trying to  pull it out.
He opened his eyes a few times while his daughters and I were  there, but only
for a few seconds.  We tried to encourage him to just relax  and go back to
sleep.  So he's made it another day, and we will see what  tomorrow brings.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts