[OM] Duct-tape, epoxy, brown goo, and now...

Subject: [OM] Duct-tape, epoxy, brown goo, and now...
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:52:53 +0200
Well we fix our OMs with all sort of stuff, but Nikkon users now have to go
to a welding store to get the right stuff to fix the rubber on their memory
card doors...!!
br
jez

________________________________

Re:[d1scussion] D2x Rubber
________________________________

My rubber came off the memory card door and I glued it back on with
rubber based contact adhesive, Evo Stick. BMW use a similar product
to attach the boot seal the the metal body. Seems to have done the
job on my D2x.
________________________________

That post jogged me into recommending a Loctite product that is called for
when attaching foam/rubber on my BMW bikes.

Loctite 480 - I have used it very successfully on a range of similar
applications.  It has "advanced resistance to peel and shock loads", has a
22 - 30 N/sq mm tensile strength, and a -50 - 80 centigrade range.

I have just fetched my bottle from the fridge and I note it's "Best Before"
date is 12/03 but it is still working perfectly up to now, oh, and it's
price falls nicely into the "Pro" range as well  ;>)
________________________________

Where would one find Loctite 480, automotive products store?
________________________________

A good automotive products store should have it or an engineering equipment
or bearing supplier.

<
https://weldwarehouse.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:WLDWH:OR:number=48040>

No, it would seem to be found at welding supply places. Amazon has it at 3
TIMES the price of the above referenced sit. Loctite makes myriad similar
products, but this one has unique flexibility and heat resistance. It is
black.

480 is a very special variant among an incredible number of Loctite
products.