[OM] Re: Xd cards

Subject: [OM] Re: Xd cards
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 02:44:20 +0000
A CF card is a true and complete EIDE "hard drive".  The system cannot tell the
difference.  The controller is inside the drive just as it's inside the drive
that booted the computer you sent this mail from.  Xd card was an attempt to be
proprietary and do it on the cheap but did so by putting the controller in the
camera.  Fuji and Oly must have been totally bonkers to believe that they could
somehow compete with PC hard drive technology and development schedules.
That's why CF cards are always the firstest with the mostest on speed and
capacity since the techology parallels that of hard drives and can be rolled
out on the card and not on the camera.

Chuck Norcutt