[OM] Re: How would you deal with incorrect photo credits?

Subject: [OM] Re: How would you deal with incorrect photo credits?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:18:54 -0700
> From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I took some photos of a Little Blue Heron last summer at a local
> wildlife refuge... A couple months ago, I was contacted by the
> editor of a journal published by Oregon Field Ornithologist...
> asking for permission to use "one" of my photos in the next issue.
> I happily granted permission...
>
> Ok, here's the problem.
> ... I found they had used not one, but two of my photos and the
> kicker is that one of them is credited to the other person I
> mentioned above... crediting one of my photos to someone else,
> though it may have been an honest mistake, just rubs me the wrong way.
>
> So, how would you all handle this situation?

If you weren't being paid and you don't have a contract and were
happy for the exposure in a small-circulation publication, then I'd
be thankful that they used two instead of one.

But I would notify them of the wrong credit, and politely ask for a
correction in the next issue.

I agree that it's sloppy, but they're only human. Without a contract,
there isn't much you can do without throwing money at it.

:::: I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's
business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female
the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of
continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind. -- George
Bernard Shaw ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::