[OM] Re: E-410 Kit

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 Kit
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:19:23 +1000

> David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> There is a lot of potential for misuse of anything.   People use knives
> as screwdrivers...  Others use bottles (or even Nikon Fs) as hammers...
> Some run both Windows _AND_ OSX on Intel processors... (just kidding)
> This symbol was used in Eastern texts. As a result, in the early 20th
> Century it came to be associated with intelligence & 'enlightenment',
> which (I think) is why it was used in the way it was.

Perhaps I should explain a bit about the mantle, it is blackwood timber, early
1920's construction and has that symbol cut into a panel in each side (left
handed and right handed version).  I could probably take a picture of it and
put it on my website if anyone is vaguely interested.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com