[OM] Re: TOPE 31: Shooting season is open!

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 31: Shooting season is open!
From: Olaf Greve <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:46:38 +0200
Hiya,

 >that there's always an end to it (that's why you commonly see a
skull and/or
 >a crucifix in a classical still).

Aparently those still lifes using such objects form a subgroup of
their own, called "vanitas".

 >That raises the challenge, doesn't it ?

In a way it does, but it would also make each submission very
predictable, as everyone will then go out of their way to incorporate
at least one item per sense, easily creating a "forced" composition,
where some items are incorporated only to cover all senses. At
present I already have an idea for my subject, and especially the
tast sense will be very difficult to enforce, without completely
violating the composition of the intended items to use....:P

But then: one is free to do so, of course! :)

Cheers!
Olafo