[OM] Re: Super wide zooms [was Re: E-410 Kit]

Subject: [OM] Re: Super wide zooms [was Re: E-410 Kit]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 03:00:03 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> First, there is considerable linear distortion at the wide end. As far
> as I know, all the super-wide zooms suffer from the problem to some
> degree...
>
> As far as I know, PTLens is the only inexpensive app that
> includes profiles for most lenses out there...

Check out the PTLens distortion figures for the ZD 7-14. It's as near
the perfect super-wide zoom that has ever been made -- by all
accounts I've read, and personal experience.

:::: Freedom of the commons brings ruin to all. -- Garrett Hardin ::::
:::: Jan Steinman (a fossil-fuel free zone!) <http://
www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::