[OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 07:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
Richard wrote:
> Wow, I just took a look at the specs on the Yamaha.  Incredible.  I
> haven't followed developments in sound engineering in years and the
> advancements are just mind numbing. You have automated mixdown...

And the best part is that these AW4416 mixer/recorders are generally
available for half a song.  I bought mine with the WAVES module for
about $1000.  As to the feature set, well, it is amazing.  Not just
multiple parametric eqs, but a myriad of compressors that can mimick
anything from a solid-state brick-wall to a tube to an optical
compressor.  And then there are the 3D sound-scape effects...

But you do need a masters degree to figure out how to use the thing.
It's SO complex that it is not easy to setup.  I will admit to being
stumped more than a couple of times.

> I must have really been ticked off at my experiences in engineering
> to have turned my back on something I used to love so much.

No, you probably realized that income trumps passion.  Which brings
up my favorite musical joke:  You know what you call a drummer that
just broke up with his girlfriend?

Homeless.

AG