[OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] for all you musicians
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:23:40 -0400
On 6/7/07, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My home studio has a Yamaha AW4416 with the WAVES plugin module. I
> have a computer running Cubase and Audacity.  The horsepower in this
> setup makes almost everything I've ever used previously look
> pathetic. The only thing missing is the 120 channels of high-quality
> pre's.  But I only need a dozen channels anyway.

Wow, I just took a look at the specs on the Yamaha.  Incredible.  I haven't
followed developments in sound engineering in years and the advancements are
just mind numbing. You have automated mixdown... I left the industry when
that was just coming into play.  Your four band full parametric equalization
looks interesting and is possibly far more versatile than the 7 band graphic
we had on each channel.  Plus it seems you also have a graphical display of
the EQ.  The setup libraries look like they could save an enormous amount of
prep time... I can go on and on as I continue to look at what is offered.

I must have really been ticked off at my experiences in engineering to have
turned my back on something I used to love so much.  Oh well.

It looks like you and I have a lot in common Ken, with photography and sound
recording. One major difference though... your knowledge in both fields far
exceeds my own.

Richard