[OM] Re: E-410 Kit

Subject: [OM] Re: E-410 Kit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 21:23:22 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> You're making it harder for me to resist buying this lens.

In all these years of photography, I've never developed an 'eye' for WA,
especially Super WA. I could never afford the good stuff for so many
years. Then later, but still a some years ago, I acquired 18, 21 and 24
mm Zuikos and a 19-35 zoom. Still, it was mostly tele shots and macros
that caught my eye. And I all too often took panoramas with nothing
really close in the foregound to anchor them, only to later wonder why I
ever took that boring shot of really tiny, distant things.

I don't know if the Tammy came with a free 'eye', or it happened to
arrive just before I encountered a lot of subjects for which it was well
suited. Anyway, I had a ball with it and got a lot of shots I like. Only
time will tell if the change lasts. :-)

I should have mentioned in my more technical reply that the linear
distortion of the Tamron 17-35 at 35 mm is quite small.
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Calif/Morro%20Bay/OakCan04.htm

Moose