[OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) a few E-1 images
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:25:16 -0400
> Behalf Of Joel Wilcox
>
> On 6/6/07, Tom Scales <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, retirement seems to be working for me.  If I wanted to work
> less, I'd
> > have to go BACK to work.  Raising three teenage girls is killing me.
> >
> > And for those of you paying attention, yes, that's an extra teenager.
> Long
> > story.
> >
> > Tom
>
> You got my attention, Tom.  Do tell more.
>
> Joel (both children now teens except the one that's 12 but she is too)
> W.

Alright, alright.

My oldest (a few weeks shy of 15) is friends with three girls in another
family (13, 15, 18).  They're nice kids, but the family has, um, challenges.
The 18 year old drives, and I trust her, so she took a lot of burden off me
and kept my daughter and her friends entertained.

About three months ago, I get a call at 2am from the 18-year-old.  Her Mom
had another anger attack (not sure how else to describe it) and told her to
get out.

So, she moved in with us.  There's a lot of history (3 sisters, 3 Dads, new
step-Dad).  She'd dropped out of school and wasn't heading in the right
direction.

I am happy to say that she is back in school and talking about college and
is a good influence on my daughters.

So, even though I am single now, I went from two daughters to three -- sort
of.

Tom