[OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side, another one !
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 03:03:32 +0200
Le vendredi 01 Juin 2007 03:13, Moose a écrit :

> I much prefer it with more tonal detail visible in the petals. Quite a
> bit may be done simply by moving the center slider in Levels to the
> right, but I prefer something more sophisticated.
>
> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/VietParis/bw-roses.htm

So, back to the (virtual) lab ; while your version was a clear improvement
over my misconfiguration of my screen, I find it a bit too much 'organic' for
my taste (veins are showing too much on petals).

So I altered the color balance to emulate a yellow/green filter before turning
the picture to bw, and hopefully didn't let the histogram slip this time.

Final result :

http://perso.m-viet.net/m-viet/bw-rose2.jpg

--
Manuel Viet