[OM] Re: Vancouver Island

Subject: [OM] Re: Vancouver Island
From: "Tom Fenwick" <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:16:23 -0700
Thanks Chris!  bear in mind that having the E410 allowed me to pick
from 800 frames :-)

They're all with the 14-42; once or twice I would have liked longer,
and it will be interesting to get home to try the 14-54 on in, but the
little lens is very good.  I see slightly more barrel distortion at
the wide end, but it's not enough to be a problem in use.

It's really a good match to the camera.

I hear you about the waterfall, but if it was a girl I probably would
have felt I had to ask and not bothered.  I certainly wouldn't have
switched to ISO100, f22 and lain down to brace at 1/13th!  I never
thought of setting up for a self portrait.  Cool idea, but I think I'd
have broken my leg trying to get down there in time...

Some credit also goes to lightroom - I found it very easy to correct
levels and then tweak curves to get this look; something I find much
harder with photoshop.  It will be very interesting to see what can be
done with the raw files once I can read them in lightroom - so far
they're all jpegs.