[OM] Re: Monitor Profile

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor Profile
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:25:33 +0100
When I read your post I couldn't think what to suggest, Bob, but
having read CC's post I can suggest the following:

Try using Apple's ColorSync (sic) to calibrate the monitor, using a
Gamma of whatever you fancy (I tend to go for 2.0 to go between the
Apple's natural gamma of 1.8 and the Windoze standard of 2.2.

That's System Preferences, Display, Color, Calibrate.  Use the full
(advanced?) calibration process.  Have the light in the room as you
would for your normal work.

Having completed the (full) ColorSync calibration, try a print with
the printer properly set for ColorSync (which should have been
switched off for your Huey-calibrated output).

Do note that each good paper will have a suggested adjustment for the
Print dialogue; one I have just used suggests -5 Magenta.

Going the ColorSync way leaves out your Huey, but if it works that
will not matter.

Good luck

Chris