[OM] More E-410 FULL FRAME TEST SHOTS

Subject: [OM] More E-410 FULL FRAME TEST SHOTS
From: "Tom Fenwick" <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:02:26 -0700
Moose wrote:
I'm thinking these are in camera JPEGs, rather than RAW files converted
to JPEG for web display. That would explain the different amount and
characteristics of noise with brightness and possibly some of the
slightly odd looking unsharpness in the body and front part of the wing.
If that is true, the JPEG processor is pretty good, but we won't know
the 'real' noise of the sensor system 'til we get some RAW source images.

i can't tell for sure if Dick's samples were originally RAW. They do
seem to have some of the same characteristics.

Moose

Say no more:
www.pbase.com/tom_77/gasworks

Two examples of an HQ jpeg with n.r. on and an unedited raw
conversion.  Interesting, and encouraging, I think!

Tom