[OM] Re: cleaning negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: cleaning negatives
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 08:08:14 -0700 (PDT)
Dr Flash wrote:
> <http://www.mpix.com/> (division of Miller's Lab) does a good job.
> I recommend getting a CD which will contain 2MP scans.  Don't,
> under any circumstances, attempt to selectively *view* and order
> prints using their software interface to your temporarily stored
> library of images. Doing so will cause you to lose your sanity.

I'm glad I scan my own...

The MPIX online ordering system is ok, but pales in comparison to the
full-blown software that we use for Millers.  I use the PC-based
software which is a pleasure to use, but has some serious memory-leak
problems.

But, man-oh-man, it takes forever to download the updates to the
software.  The new version is MAMMOTH! as it includes all those
templates for Pic-a-Pac and other services I don't use.  The album
builder is a bit cludgy too, but at least it works.  The proofing
software is FAST!!!!, and the Reprint software is also pretty good.
A recent wedding proofbook order took me 1/2 hour to put-together and
five-hours to upload during the night.

I've been wondering about the logic of getting the Coolscan 5000 with
roll-feed and adding a scanning service for fellow DDC shooters. I'd
do full-size 4000dpi scans in 16-bit, even.  Whatdya think, is there
enough market here to justify that?

AG

 a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.