[OM] Re: OT Texas

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Texas
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 20:22:31 +1000
That's the verst series of puns imaginable.
What on erg were you thinking?
Flesh you may have but not a drop of blood.
While inching my way towards the bar to offer a few pence for a dram
of seventy proof, I  might raise a footling objection to that
depiction and be defenestrated onto the stones of the yard without
scruples. Achieving the security of my quarter acre and lit only by
candle power, I regret my drunken utterances while I fry the perch I
took on a rod this morning - not a furlong hence across the hide and
just through the virgate. But hunger eludes me and I peck at the fish
and groats, finally  throw it in the chaldron for soup and bed down
on a wey of hay in a stupor, having consumed a near kilderkin of ale
and a rundlet of port.

Murkins only refuse to use metric 'cos it was invented by the French.
They should convert immediately, unless they know how many oxgangs
there are in a hide. Or tads in a smidgeon.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx