[OM] Re: Tombstones

Subject: [OM] Re: Tombstones
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 01:44:37 -0600
In an art history book I once saw a photo of an old tombstone from
Massachusetts, around 1650. It was in the book as an example of sculpture,
but what struck me was the poem engraved on it under the deceased's name and
dates of birth and death.

"Oh ye who reads with little care, who passes by and leaves me here. Know
that someday you too must die and be entomb'd as well as I" Entomb'd was
spelled like that. Hilarious! That's what I want on mine when I die!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com