[OM] Re: AG, you are not the only one...

Subject: [OM] Re: AG, you are not the only one...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:19:20 +1000
Fujifilm S5.
Puzzled by the Online Photog. comment that the F30 has too harsh a
contrast in sunny conditions - dint strike me that way.
Fuji is really trying to do something like that but the S series was
hit by a lot of snide comments along the lines of 'it's not really a
12mp, only a 6mp and Fuji are being misleading/deceptive etc.' Some
people only see numbers. Inability to deal with multiple variables
syndrome.
At the PMA yesterday i saw a lovely example of number spin -
The magazine I write for touts itself as Australia's best selling
digital photography magazine. That's because the others don't
restrict themselves to film.
It's sister publication claims 'Australia's biggest selling
photography magazine.' Also true.
Two blocks over was the stand of 'Australia's widest circulation
photography magazine.' Also true - it's a store giveaway (it has a
cover price but no-one ever pays for it.)
All claims by manufacturers should approached with a dictionary and a
box cutter - for rough dissection.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx