[OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:53:06 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> If we're talking the Stylus 770SW the spec sheet on dpreview says it
> employs sensor shifting for IS.  Check it out about 1/3 of the way down
> the spec list.
> <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Olympus/oly_stylus770sw.asp>

I think that's a typo. The press release doesn't mention any such thing,
nor do the specs released with it.

The Oly site says only "Digital Image Stabilization", hype speak for iso
boost. Click on the link "Digital Image Stabilization" in the first
paragraph of the below link to see that this is true*.

Several other of their P&Ss boast "Dual IS" (sensor movement & iso), but
not the 770SW.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1287

I sent dpreview a couple of corrections to their camera specs a bit ago,
and I think this was one of them, but I guess it didn't work. If the
770SW had true IS, I might well have one.

Moose

* Note to AG, this seems to clearly confirm that IS on the 770SW is
strictly iso boost.