[OM] Koni Challenge Grand-Am Race at Iowa Speedway

Subject: [OM] Koni Challenge Grand-Am Race at Iowa Speedway
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 20:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
Two Saturdays ago I photographed the racing action at the Iowa
Speedway. Except for a few shots here and there, everything was taken
with the E-1 and the rest with the A1.  I shot in-camera JPEGs and
the only post-processing is just a resize/sharpen process in
Photoshop's batch mode.

Yeah, there are a lot of pictures here, but it's actually pretty
enjoyable if you select the slideshow mode.

Lenses used:  14-54 zoom, 100/2.8, 200/4.

The RX-8 was damaged during qualifying when it backed into the Turn 1
wall going about 130mph. By far, the RX-8s were the loudest cats on
the track, but suprisingly, the Mini was almost as loud.  None were
really all that bad, though--nothing compared to stock cars.

http://image66media.com/Gallery/grandam01

My only complaint is that my 200/4 has horribly slow AF.  ;)
Seriously, I was very amazed at how fast the 14-54 AF in continious
mode was focusing with the battery-grip.  No issues there.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com