[OM] If you are storing data on the web---

Subject: [OM] If you are storing data on the web---
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:00:51 -0700
An excerpt  from the SF Chronicle today:

Q: I am a Platinum member of Club Photo and have photos dating back over
five years stored on its site at clubphoto.com. The site has gone down,
and I can't find any news online to know if they've gone under or what
happened. If they've shut down for good, they did it without notifying
any of their customers and that really stinks. I'm wondering if you know
anything about it.

A: Far as I can tell, Club Photo's owner, PhotoTLC of Petaluma, appears
to have closed its doors without so much as a hail and farewell.

If it's any consolation (I'm sure it isn't), you aren't the only one who
got stuck. Lots of people had photos stored on Club Photo, and the
outfit also handled printing for a number of other photo-sharing and
printing sites.

PhotoTLC still has a working phone number -- (707) 241-7200 -- but you
can't reach an actual person. It looks like they got out of there in a
hurry.