[OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 and 2X-A?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 and 2X-A?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:58:09 -0400
I can't tell you anything about 300/4.5 and 2X-A compatibility but I can
say that even if you get to 600mm f/9 of 500mm f/8 you're still not
going to get much of an image from 50 ft.  600mm gives you a field of
view of approx. 2x3 feet on 35mm and 500mm takes the width up to approx.
3-1/2 feet.  At 1000mm you're starting to close in on 1x1-1/2 feet which
would likely frame robin and nest fairly well.

It might be a better bet to move in to 25 feet if you can.  500mm gives
you a field of view of 13-1/2x20 inches.

Chuck Norcutt