[OM] Re: Third Party OM Lens Mount

Subject: [OM] Re: Third Party OM Lens Mount
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:04:14 -0700
Ali Shah wrote:
> If you go through a Dell rep - they may lower the
> price to compensate for tax and ship next day at no
> additional cost.

I dunno, I'm a little like my Great Aunt Violet. She went to the Buick
dealer, told the salesman she didn't haggle and asked for his best price.

He called back a week or so later to see how she was doing in finding a
car. When she told him she had purchased an Olds, he was shocked, asked
what she paid for it and said he was sure he could beat it. She said
something like "Young man, I told you I wanted your best price. You had
your chance."

And, honestly, things being relatively equal, I'd rather buy from a real
photo dealer like B&H, Adorama, Cameta, etc. than a computer assembler.
Somebody needs to keep them in business, and I try to do my little part,
$300 this week. :-)

Moose