[OM] Re: [OT] car sturdiness [was: Can*n Keeps Moving]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] car sturdiness [was: Can*n Keeps Moving]
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:52:35 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Neither do you want to do a rear brake overhaul on an old E-type.  For
> anything beyond simple pad replacement you first drop the entire rear
> suspension out of the car.

But that was the beauty of the Jag suspension.  Inboard discs/calipers
took all of the weight off of the wheels, making it more responsive and
better-handling.  I'm sure it's a complete PITA to work on, but
mechanically, it's brilliant.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon