[OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:49:31 -0400
On 4/19/07, james olson <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking at purchasing a Quantum T series flash, most likely the T2, and
> I was hoping someone on the list has experience with the flash system, and
> could possibly offer any advise.  I will likely be using it on a light stand
> as a single light source for portraiture.

I've owned and used Quantum flashes for a number of years.  They are
well designed and rugged.  Manual flash can be adjusted in 1/3 stop
increments and is consistent.

I assume you're planning to fire it through a softbox or some kind of
material.  Speed rings for Quantum are available from most
manufacturers of light modifiers.

Quantum Turbo batteries are a mixed bag.  They're very pricey.  The SP
Systems battery pack recommended by Dr. Flash is a tempting value, but
despite the fact that it uses Quantum spec cords, it does NOT work
with Quantum flashes.  Go figure.

Also, worthy of consideration are Lumedyne units and Sunpak 120J.  The
former is industrial strength and latter consumer strength.

You many know all of this already.  Please advise additional questions.

ScottGee1