[OM] Re: #083

Subject: [OM] Re: #083
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:45:40 +0100
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Usually known as Canola in North America I believe.
>
> Roger Key
>
>>From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: [OM] Re: #083
>>Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:29:51 +0100
>>

>>From: "Chris Crawford" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>Subject: [OM] Re: #083
>>

>> > Cool landscape. Reminds me of northern Indiana where I grew up, but our
>> > fields were full of corn. What's that yellow flower that the fields are
>>full
>> > of?
>> >
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>Hi Chris,
>>
>>The crop is Oilseed Rape and is grown for oil that can be extracted from
>>its ripened pods.

It is alleged that the name Canola was invented, by the politically correct,
from the words Canadian oil low acid because of the
negativity of the word rape.

Definition of Political Correctness.

"Political Correctness (PC) is a doctrine fostered by a
delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted
by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth
the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up
a turd by the clean end."

:-)
--Graham