[OM] Re: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Subject: [OM] Re: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:50:49 -0500
> I disagree.  It is a fine senser with a fine lens in front of it.  I
> can't think of any areas where it excels.
Well, frankly, I can't think of any digital camera that excels in the way
that many film cameras did.

The R1 is especially intuitive in the way it operates, in digital terms.
Controls are generally well placed, and it isn't necessary to wade through
menus in ordinary use. I also like the way the chimp screen operates in
comparison to the E330. Much simpler.

Would I like the Panleica slr's controls better? Damn straight, but
apparently that puts me in the minority.

Bill Pearce