[OM] Re: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Subject: [OM] Re: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:08:31 -0400
On 4/17/07, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Probably what they do about everything else (Audio, video, computers) -
> NOTHING!

Gee, I guess I'm not the only one who is less than impressed with Sony
service.  It used to be quite good.  We even had a Sony walk-in
service center in the area years ago.

Fuji used to be exceptional.  Now they have a bad reputation.  Some
guy who works for a brick and mortar camera store has taken it upon
himself to post warnings in the dpreview user reviews section for Fuji
cameras, e.g., "This camera breaks alot! To get it repaired under
warranty has taken up to 3 months to fix and return to the customer.
Fuji is the number one worst company to repair anything. If something
happens you will need to get a second camera because one will always
be in the shop."

It seems that a lot of companies have done the maths and determined
that good service costs more than it's worth.

ScottGee1