[OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al

Subject: [OM] Re: Q for Dr. Flash et al
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:18:35 -0400
Dr Flash just confided to me that he always shoots in manual mode so the
position of detachable auto mode sensors is immaterial to him.  He has a
Viv 283 with detachable sensor and a Sunpak 522 with detachable sensor
but has never used either of those sensors.  Well, he professes to
having used the 283 that way once on a macro shot about 72 years ago.

But I wouldn't worry much about a Stroboframe putting the sensor very
much off-axis.  The angle of acceptance for the sensor is pretty broad.
  If you're shooting digital put the camera on a tripod and try the 283
on the stroboframe with and without the sensor plugged into the flash.
Then check the histograms.  I'll be very surprised if you see anything
other than a trivial difference.

Chuck Norcutt